Jen Perdue is returning to TCHA this fall to direct the Celestia girls’ choir and the Concordia boys’ choir. In order to participate in these choirs, an audition is required. All other prerequisites have been removed.
Here’s what you can expect…
Current and prior Celestia and Concordia members still need to come in, though they are shoe-ins. I just need them to come in since voices can still be changing at this age.
Students do not need to know how to read music, but it’s a plus if they can.
Here is what will happen during the auditions:
- Range check
- Students will prepare and sing 1 – 2 short sections of music that I’ll select and have posted online or emailed out about a week before the auditions. I’ll get it out sooner if I can.
- Students may audition for one or two parts. Girls – either soprano, alto, or both; Guys – either tenor, bass, or both). If someone is new to choir and they don’t know what part they are, they should learn the part(s) that feels easiest for them to sing.
- It doesn’t have to be memorized, but it’s a plus if they can have it memorized
- Students will be assessed on the following:
- Pitch accuracy
- Rhythm accuracy
- Tone production (proper technique, clarity, control)
- Confidence (mainly volume)
Auditions take place on Tuesday, May 17 between 1-3pm and Friday, May 20 between 1-3pm at Mrs. Perdue’s home: 3416 Hennen Road, Burnsville, MN.Sign up to audition